Notices and Upcoming Events
Nov. 30,2022 7:00PM
Starts up November 13th, 2022
Work Bee Saturday June 4th
This Saturday June 4th at 10am we are having a work bee at the field. The forecast is for very gusty conditions so it was decided at the meeting we would take the opportunity to get a bunch of the high priority items completed:
- Install new sign, auger holes, weld frame and concrete in the posts. Rick W is foreman for this job and will need 3-4 helpers.
- Move concrete slabs to new pilot station locations and replace sod in the old holes
- Remove unneeded 45 deg slabs and cut some sod from edge of the field to fill the holes
- Install new gate (assuming it can be delivered on Saturday)
- Burn remaining junk/rotten wood
- Cut and install new rubber mats and set up poles for new start-stations (x4)
- Scrape, Paint/stain picnic tables and start up stands
- Investigate installed new access opening by the East-most sun shade – we may need a fencing company for this, but lets take a look.
Please bring work gloves and tools with you. We will need:
Edgers, shovels, various rakes, paint brushes, scrapers, pry bars, hammers/small sledgehammers, drill and bit (for rubber mats if we need to stake them), wheelbarrow (so we can more easily move the slabs and concrete if we bust-up the old startup stations), sockets and screwdrivers (for things like the gate)
Hopefully we get a great turn out, get all this done and then get favorable winds for Sunday flying
Spring Events May 14-15, 2022
All members are advised to attend the safety day on May 14 (May 15th as a rain out day.) At this event we will demonstrate and have people fly with flag persons helping to train people how close in they need to be to avoid the path. In addition we will orient everyone to the new pits and flight stations locations and cover all the safety rules.
May 15th will be a field maintenance and cleanup day. We need to roll the N-S runway, assess the need to fill and seed and start to clean out our sea cans and other junk. We don’t expect to get this all done on the 15th but need to have a plan to get things in better shape and scope out what we need to do in future work bees.
The results for the Election of Officers are as follows:
Chris Hammond (acclaimed)
Scott Crosby (elected)
Brian Bell (acclaimed)
Don Spence (acclaimed)
Dave Nordlund (past president)
Al Umbach (elected)
Rick Wieringa (elected)
Al Robertson (elected)
Dave Corscadden (elected)
Page 2 of 2