To all members:
At a special executive meeting last night deal with the field closure due to the Covid 19 virus the following decision was made.
Because we are on County of Strathcona land and we have a License to Operate with them we must follow their direction on closures. Their direction is that all recreation facilities and fields are closed as per the Order from the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the Province of Alberta. Not following the County’s guidelines would put our License to Operate in jeopardy.
Having said all of that we are in constant contact with the County and as soon as they open their recreational facilities and fields we will be able to open ours.
We also know that some of you have paid your fees and are not able to fly. If this continues the board is prepared to deal with the lost of flying time and will announce measures when it becomes apparent that we will not be able to fly this summer.
Please be patient during this crisis and remain safe and healthy.